Sunday, April 17, 2016

A change is going to come

Today I was inspired by the song A change is going to come... Its been a long time coming since I had the focus to write anything worth sharing. The month of Feb was very hard for me. My dad went to be with the Lord Feb 1st and a couple of days after his funeral 2 cousins passed away the same day. I didn't think I could take any more drama. My dad was truly a family man and when I went to the funeral for my cousin at the repast I broke down - I was looking for my dad to roll in to greet his family as only he could do. I was very overwhelmed because I knew my dad would've loved to see us together one more time. I was fought with some opposition but God took care of that. My job gave me 3 days to grieve my dad and I wasn't sure how I was going to make it. But I 'm here to testify that God did that too. I use to believe that if anything was to ever happen to my parents,especially my dad - you would just have to sign me up for the  loony bin - until it actually happened.

God literally shielded my emotions because I had so much work to do - and everyday it got easier. Now I did/do have moments when I want to call him on the phone and give him updates on my life. Or I just want to hear him say my name again, laugh, hum, or even hear his distinct cough. After the funeral  I told God I needed His help to give me peace because my dad was a major part of my life. God did it and in a couple of days I was smiling again - my coworkers was very surprised I bounced back so fast. It was nothing but the Grace of God. I hope I'm helping somebody.

Recently I had 2 friends lose their mothers' and 1 friend who lost her father all suddenly and before I knew it, tears came rolling down my eyes. When I heard the news my stomach dropped and I felt like I was on the "emotional roller coaster" again.  I know we all have to experience death and go through it ourselves but I wouldn't wish this on my enemy.

In my own way I tried to be there for them and I wanted whatever God did for me - for God to do for them. If I can do it so can they...Honestly if I didn't know the Lord I would've lost my mind. I tried to call them, text them, hug them, encourage them, and show love. The key to this is - get it now...Love is shown through actions.... Show someone you care through their good, the bad, and the ugly. If you can do that your friendship will last the test of time..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Have Faith

Just Have Faith